Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Thee Wed ...

Yesterday we celebrated the marriage of our friends Betsy and Moyer....  I remember the first time I met Betsy ... Randolph and I were at Dunleavy's on Sullivan's Island ... we had just started "hanging out" ... certainly  not  "D A T I N G "... We  were truly hanging out ... having fun .. I was minding my business listening to Carroll Brown strum my favorite tunes ... of course I was feeling confident as I have known Carroll for years and he kindly ( thank you Carroll) called be by name making me feel loved and part of the "in" crowd with my new pursuit!    Just when everything was going great , enter Betsy - the cute petite  blonde who I wanted so terribly to hate... She was nice ... ok ... nice enough for a girl I am going to have to pee on like a big newfoundland on a pine sappling...   Well... as they say ... NEVER say NEVER ... Betsy truly is a beautiful girl ... inside and out ... jump forward a couple of years now and find two girls who have forged a great trust and the beginnings of a lifelong friendship ... How flattered was I when she asked me... yes ... ME to help her with her wedding plans... She came over soon after her engagement with a big bag of ideas and photo's she'd collected ... we poured over that book like little girls showing off new Barbies ... It was heartfelt and I am blessed that she would want my input and assistance... never mind this is what I do passionately for a living ... It's different when a friend  trusts you with the details of their vision for the most perfect , memorable day of their life ... Even better, Randolph would cater and we were off and running ... All of those plans came to fruition this weekend... We were invited to attend the rehearsal dinner hosted by Moyers family at Magnolia's ... there we quickly bonded with Moyers aunt and uncle over a common loved of Haps hotdogs... but equally as heartfelt was the toasting ... Generally  when you don't know all the folks present and don't have a lifelong knowledge of the memories being touted .. this is a treacherous journey where you are forced to listen to drunken stories, wanting to grab the "hook" to free the stage but this was different ... despite being the "newest" kid in this most intimate family gathering , I sat on the edge of my seat , soaking up every word of love and affection of this beautiful couple ... I was drawn to tears over many of the sentiments and totally absorbed in the love that seemed to warm the room ( no it wasn't the wine ... I 'promise .. )
Saturday rolls in and set up begins .. as I throw everything in the car in preparation for what could possibly present itself , timeline carefully crafted and in hand, I head to Boone Hall plantation where the Cotton Dock is  dolling up for the soiree... The day ran smooth ... even dare I say ahead of schedule...   guests all arrived right on schedule ... here comes the groom and his men ... all looking fine ! and then .... the bride... she pulled up in her limo with her girls ... her face truly glowed , the smile on his face was priceless ..  It was a truly priceless - the ceremony, the decor, the cake , the guests,  even down to the weather which for July was unheard of at 86 with an ( almost cool)  breeze...  As I watched Moyer look at Betsy all night  ... the dances... his careful watch that she had freedom to bond with her girlfriends but not ever be left wanting for a drink or companion... it makes my heart happy ...
Congratulations to our friends ... I can't wait to one day have you share in my joy on my own wedding day ... and yes Betsy ... everything was JUST FABULOUS!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Christy!
    What a fabulous time for all! I could not have done it without you. Thank you from the depths of my soul for being apart if my special day.

    I look so forward to all the good times we will share together going forward.

    The best is yet to come...

    Lots of Love to you and Randolph,

    Betsy & Moyer Fountain

    ReplyDelete