Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Smile and the world smiles with you ....

What in the world possessed me to visit my dentist first thing this morning  ?  Clearly I was not thinking ... An early morning appointment means that you can't drink coffee on the way in ... and we all know that I need a huge kick of caffeine to get my morning personality going ....JEEZ ... so I hauled out of bed this morning dreading waking more than normal but excited to put a new condo on my vacant lot - I mean , have you priced out dental  work lately ??  It might as well be a condo ... .  I lost a crown a few months ago and thought perhaps I'd leave the gaping hole as a tribute to our move to the country ... after all ... you can't really see the absent tooth way in the back ... after a few days of gumming my food and chewing mostly on the right side of my mouth , I drew the line  - good dental hygiene is once again beckoning - call me a city girl or whatever you like ...  but I need my teeth !   I congratulate my new dentist on many things ... a friendly office, nice ambiance, good looking staff , and the most modern technology ... I mean , I've never had my blood pressure checked at the dentist office ?? I've checked it at a Doc In The Box, at the Regular Dr's office, a hospital, even at the CVS while waiting on a prescription fill , but until today .... never at the dentist office.  I was comforted to know that even after my temp. crown procedure I still have a really good blood pressure reading... I also feel confident that should you ever need it ... I could be identified by my thorough dental records though I sincerely hope you never have to resort to this ... So two hours and I won't even tell you how much money later I left with a new temporary crown , dental panorama shots of my mouth  including sinus cavities, the obligatory paste, brush ( for travel I suppose since I"m supposed to use my pricey sonicare brush ) , floss, and for some reason a pen ???  That must be to write the big hefty check -  The office name is printed clearly across the side so I don't mis-spell ...   I really wanted a boat ... or a vacation ... but I'll take my pearly whites  and keep  smiling ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment