Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Water

I learned a lot this past weekend from two things that I love  ... cooking and water... Water is so complex and after my MANY ( try 15 ) attempts at icing for my Lady Baltimore cake ( more about that later )  my eyes were opened about the many uses  of water ... First ... I don't think I could live somewhere where there was not water close by ... even though I  probably take it for granted too many days , there is nothing like the calm that envelops  you when driving over the bridge into downtown on your way to work ,  waking to a high tide, seeing heron in the marsh ... you know the feeling...  Then comes the great feeling of water ... when you are cold a good hot shower can warm you right up , when you don't feel well a nice long bath can ease the pain , when you are hot  - a plunge into the ocean provides a refreshing reprieve ... and the fresh smell of your spouse just after a shower is pretty comparable to that of air dried linen on a sunny day ... Just the thought makes me feel all happy inside...  These things just scratch the surface about water but ...
To bring it full circle, I've been desperately trying to decide how I'm going to drop a few lbs before summer - really before April when Randolphs family visits... so as I was busily pulling bread out of the oven and attempting the Lady Balitmore cake from my trusty Charleston Receipts ( I know - not on the diet )  I realized that it's true what the diet demons say ... water will TRULY FLUSH FAT ...Insert the ATTEMPTED Lady Baltimore icing ... I used a flat ( 18) eggs , a bag of sugar, and 1/2 bottle of KARO light corn syrup trying to get that sticky perfection right - after each attempt , the only thing that would soak the pan clean was ..... you guessed it ..... H2O  - If it can get stuck hard sugar off of a pot it MUST be able to flush some fat through your body .... so it appears I"ve realized my first step on my ongoing journey to drop a little weight ... drink the water - just like they all say ... so bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment