Sunday, March 20, 2011

Early Spring

Have you ever seen so much pollen in March ?? Seriously ?  It's so bad I had to recall my "out" shot against my opponent in Thursday nights match ... we were on hard courts but the pollen was so bad that I could see the ball mark ( and my mis-call ) ... UGH!
But it has certainly been the perfect weekend at Little Rockland - to catch you up , we took delivery of 10 Rhode Island Red laying hens Tuesday evening ... and they started laying eggs on Wednesday ! Not only are they the most entertaining girls - lined up on their roosting poles like the NY City Rocketts ... they are putting out some beautiful eggs ... They must feel at home in their designer digs ... Thank goodness ...
It's been a busy week at work and Randolph has started his job as the catering manager at Jim N Nicks - it seems a great fit with his passion for pork and his sincere support of the SFA, something that he and Jim N Nicks share  - and I'm certain that soon they will learn that he is most effective when he doesn't have to rise before the sun !  He has been a good sport about it however and Judge and I have enjoyed some early morning snuggling ...
The weekend brought my high school bestie and her family to the beach this weekend ... I can't believe her son is 16 and over 6 ft tall .. WOW ! What an amazing job she and Ed have done with him - They have got to be proud ... not many kids turn out like Wynn ... Kudo's to you guys !
Then the reunion brought old college friends - I could not be happier to catch up with my friend Valerie and her mom... Thanks to everyone for making the trip to our little piece of paradise !
So as I sit here and enjoy the breeze in the open windows, loving dog by side  - and handsome cook in the kitchen , I am once again pinching myself of the great life I have ... it's a simple life - but it's my life and I love it ... and I love that each of you take part in shaping my chapters ... with that - have a great week ...


Until next time.... C.

No comments:

Post a Comment