Friday, March 11, 2011

Music to my ears ...

It must have been a happy man who took it from the caveman grunt to broken english  to the Queens English then added tunes .... Isn't it amazing how a song can make you feel ?  It certainly can make you happy, sad ,even at times a bit angry .... It  evokes memories of friends or a place in time  -  it's all encompassing on the emotion scale... but I dare say any of us would agree we would be worse off without music in our lives...

I think I like not just one or two songs - but era's .. who could not possibly love Willie and Waylon, Bluegrass and Banjo's , Sotuhern Rock and Sultry Soul ???  I even have one friend who is teaching me to "hit da' flo" in some  apple bottom jeans ... reality I've seen her on a video clip and she can really hit get those " boots wid da fur" movin ' - you go Mel...

Isn't it  fun to really belt out a ringer sometimes  - Roadtrips, Showers , and how secure and happy I feel when I hear Randolphs deep voice ring through at Church ... and it makes me smile when he's singing those country songs at home - there tends to be a natural smile on his face when he's a country star ... now give it a few beers and that's a different story - it becomes less musical talent and more comical .. but that's what I love about him ! Whatever the moment he seems to smile when there's music and THAT makes me happy too !

Anyway,  I don't know who you were in the beginning but I thank all of the singers and songwriters for giving me one of the biggest joys of my life !

Sing on everyone ! Sing on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment