Saturday, August 20, 2011

Let it BEE






Nothing like a little sweet honey ....

Today when I woke up I had no idea the adventure we  were about to embark on ... I always have a list of things I want to experience but when I need to extract those options I seem never to be able to recollect my bucket list.  However ... today simply proved that my other half actually DOES listen .. one more reason why I love him so much .... so with no idea if I've dressed appropriately we hop in the car and off we go ... quietly I take in the surrounding route south ... we stop at a gas station for gas .. I don't know if this was to stump me or if we truly needed fuel ... but post stop we went "swurvin' down a dirt road ... ok... not really swerving but it sounds good ... we hugged the Edisto River ... and I thought I had an A-HA moment ... we are going to Bulls Island ... really ... I'm starving so as much as that would have been a great idea too  I'm glad we ended at ... Bee City ... there is a spot to get a hotdog there and as hungry as we were , that little nugget was as good as any steak would have been at the time ...
After our victuals we ventured through Bee City .. interesting ... very interesting ...they have more than just bee's at Bee City ... there are turtles and goats, and donkeys and goats, and monkeys and goats and exotic animals ... and did I mention goats ??   We also hiked the nature trail ... don't be too impressed ... the nature trail is a small little loop through the yard but when in Rome ... you know the deal ...  We did see some bee's and we even brought home some honey and I even saw how turtles "do it " ... don't ask ... it's not pretty... But I had fun and I have learned a few things today :
*  Randolph really does listen to me
*  I can check Bee City off the list
*  I don't really like to see animals   ( other than snakes which I'd really rather not see at all ) caged and out of their natural habitat.
*  And in the words of John Lennon ... There will be an answer ... let it be,,, let it be ...





PS.. I think this little guy liked my shirt too ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment